Five Memorable, Hand-Made Gifts to Create for Father’s Day
The gifts that can be created for Dad are endless, but here are five suggestions that we think would put a smile on Dad’s face.
Tie: This is one of the most traditional gifts for Dad and has lots of meaning. It’s pretty simple to make.
- Gather some white material such as poplin or cotton fabric.
- Trace an existing tie or use the template and cut out the shape.
- Hand-create your personal design by pressing very lightly with a Pentel pencil.
- Outline the design with a Pentel Arts Gel Roller for Fabric.
- Color the design with Pentel Arts Fabric Fun Pastel Dye Sticks.
- Iron to heat-set the color and make permanent.
- Use this template and color in the design using Pentel Arts Sign Pens.
- Write a nice greeting in different sign pen colors.
- Place card in an envelope and seal it with a kiss for Dad!
Bookmark: Pentel Arts has some great bookmark templates for you to use. Give Dad a gift to mark the pages in his favorite book! The bookmark template and instructions can be found here: http://www.pentelarts.com/tips/bookmarks.html Make your own design or use one of ours. Click here to download a printable version. Pentel Arts products that will work well for the bookmark art are Pentel Arts Sign Pens, Sunburst Metallic Gel Pens and Outline Markers.
Photo Frame: Dads love to have a picture of their family on their desk. Make a personal photo frame and put a picture of the family in it. Instructions can be found here: http://www.pentelarts.com/tips/photo_frame.html Create your own design or click here to download the template.
Baby Bib or Body Suit for the New Dad: This is a great gift from a wife or family member to give to a new Daddy! Indulge Dad’s ego and write “My Daddy’s the Best” or “My Dad Rocks” on a baby bib or bodysuit. The Pentel Arts Fabric Fun for Baby Kit has everything you need: Fabric Gel Pen, Fabric Crayons and a bib and bodysuit. You can get one at the Pentel Store.